Saturday, March 6, 2010

day to day.

these are some of my daily indulgences at the moment, and, for now, they are all highly recommended to all.

1. thursday plantation's tea tree australian chewing sticks (i'm proud to say i have turned friends and co-workers into toothpick junkies). you can pick these little boogers up at your nearest health food store. these birchwood toothpicks are 'impregnated' (says the box...which i like and think is funny....cause i'm a twelve year old) with tea tree oil and other natural extracts. i'd say i'm up to a pack every couple of weeks. i'll cut back...when i'm ready.

2. andrew bird's noble beast album (check playlist below to hear just a little sampling of this goodness). you can buy the album on his website here, if you are inclined to do so. my mornings have consisted of coffee in hand, tea tree australian chewing stick (only $3.99 a pack!) dangling in mouth (like a true southerner), and mister bird's anonanimal blasting in my car.

3. meetings. i have been making more of an effort to get to meetings, such as nyack's village hall planning board meetings, book discussions at the library, and other groups that support a common interest. i find that even if i am not in the mood for the small talk with random people i don't know, i always walk away learning something about my community, literature, or myself.

4. double espresso. anyone who wants to buy me an espresso machine is highly encouraged. i just like to think i'm doing my part by stimulating the economy. i'm such a great citizen!

5. writing pretend scripts for 30 Rock and SNL in my head....and then laughing to myself because i think they are hilarious....god, i'm such a loser. yes, this is, unfortunately, a daily activity. (i wonder if this has something to do with not having cable).

6. lighting a candle. (if you are like me when it comes to relaxing, also check out AuraCacia brand aromatherapy....this isn't a daily ritual, but i had to share the wealth).

7. reading at night- either a novel, the new yorker, or the paper. no matter what, a poem is the last thing i read before sleep....the best ones are from people in your life.

8. laughing.

2 comments:

  1. blue highways, eh? i gave that to my dad for christmas last year! what do you think??

    also -- feeling the same about 2, 6, 7 & 8.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of your meetings and involvement. Your town is lucky to have you, and those random peole you meet are even luckier. Chewing sticks sound awesome! Little known fact, ever since I was a little girl, I've been getting in trouble for having a toothpick in my mouth. It makes me feel like a bad ass that has something smart to say, usually those feelings transcend into a smartass, maybe one day it will come out the way I intended it to.

    Would love to see you in NYC or any other part of this beautiful but scared world. I can hear your laugh from here. And Mags's, and Hogge's.

    You might be surprised to know how often I can hear the three of you laughing.

    Love you,
    OMama

    ReplyDelete

soul food


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones